The Thermal Acoustic Slab system is a precast floor slab designed to provide a number of advantages:
- This concrete slab has the advantage of having sound insulation properties, allowing for effective sound control when properly installed.
- Our concrete slabs also boast thermal insulation properties, which have the dual capabilities of ensuring that excessive heat entering the building does not occur from the exterior, keeping a building cool in the summertime. And in winter, less heat generated within the building escapes, thus reducing energy wastage.
- The useful properties of the floor slabs are maintained thanks to the long service life of the materials used. This includes EPS, or Expanded Polystyrene, which is a material that has been proven useful in numerous industries thanks to its versatile nature.
- This precast floor slab is highly cost competitive, thanks to the materials that make up the floor slab in tandem with their effectiveness in comparison to other systems that fulfil the same role.
- Its usefulness in the construction of multi-story buildings is largely thanks to its lightweight nature. As a concrete slab EPS is particularly light, but is also capable of taking significant load compression while still retaining its shape. This makes it a highly durable material.
Engineering Slab Solutions utilises the Thermal Acoustic Slab System, acting as sound insulation and thermal insulation, as well as being utilised for its properties mentioned above. It is a combination of a moulded Expanded Polystyrene block and cold rolled steel channel to form a ‘rib and block’/coffer concrete slab system for multi-story buildings.
The galvanized steel ribs which support the high-density concrete slabs utilise only high strength steel. By placing reinforcing bars between the blocks in both directions, reinforcing mesh above the blocks and concrete to the fill the channels the system is complete. Which is then able to offer its numerous benefits to the finished construction. The concrete encapsulates the rebar and mesh to form the structure of the floor slab creating the beams to the monolithic structure, making the concrete slab not only a sound insulator, but a thermal insulator as well.
Thermal Acoustic Slab Systems are designed in accordance with the specifications in SANS10100 code. The latest and most sophisticated design software has been used used to analyse and design the system.
E.S.S. is dedicated towards meeting the needs of all our clients. Our product, in combination with the dedication and experience of our team, has enabled our company to tackle every project head on.
Thanks to this, we are proud to have been able to work with our clients on their projects and see our own contributions through to their conclusion.
For further queries, contact us.